- Winner: Award for Excellence in Educational Publishing: Most Outstanding Resource of the Year 2017 (Educational Publishing Awards Australia)
- Winner: Best Secondary Reference Resource 2017 (Educational Publishing Awards Australia)
- Winner: Best Designed Educational Primary/Secondary Book 2017 (Australian Book Design Awards)
- Winner: 2017 MUBA (Most Underrated Book Award)
- Winner: 2017 DeBary Children's Science Book Award
- Nominated by the Children's Book Council of Australia as a 'Notable Book of 2017'
- Shortlisted: 2017 Ledger Award (for Excellence in Australian Comics)
Trillions of microbes.
A deadly WWI battle...
France, 1916. While treating a patient with dysentery, Sister Annie Barnaby encounters a strain of lethal bacteria. As the invaders journey deep into her gut, the resident microbes must fight to survive. Annie’s life hangs in the balance.
Enter the phage, deadly predators, ready to wage war to protect their host.
Created by a team of scientists, artists, educators, writers & historians, The Invisible War is a graphic novel like no other.
The Invisible War in 85 seconds...
The project has been generously supported by:
Thanks also to all the people who supported our Pozible crowdfunding campaign to print and publish The Invisible War!
The Invisible War - a tale on two scales
- Release Date - July 1, 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-9925872-5-3 (print)
- ISBN: 978-0-9925872-4-6 (eBook)
- Publisher: Scale Free Network
- Distributors: INT Books (schools), Dennis Jones & Associates (retail)
- RRP Price: AUD$29.95
- Category: Science-History
- Format: A4 (210 x 297mm)/88 pages/paperback
- Target: 11-111 years
- Author: Ailsa Wild (with Dr. Jeremy Barr)
- Illustrator: Ben Hutchings
- Creators: Briony Barr & Gregory Crocetti